View Single Post
Old 05-26-2022, 06:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

Thank you all three for responding. I was beginning to wonder. I know most of the population on ecomodder that are probably cage drivers. But I think most of the motorcycles out in the world about 90% are probably still chain driven. It sounds like the 0 or X chain would be the nicest to have. I tried to look up the specs on the 2019 Suzuki dr200, and it says did 520 V5. So I don't know if that's a lower-cost so-called standard chain or not. I've been waiting over a month for delivery, and found out just a few minutes ago, that it's supposed to be delivered to me this weekend. Yes, I have shared my preference for non messy shaft driven bikes, but in our present and future gas price situation, I want to be ready to enjoy nice days while watching my wallet. I used to commute from a little north of Vancouver Washington into Northeast Portland Kawasaki 250 Enduro and my other bikes, so I can appreciate why in larger population areas especially with weird drivers now, bike commuting would not be very much fun. I do like being a fair-weather rider, but future economics might dictate wet ridng again. I made a big decision to move out into the country about five years ago, and don't regret it one iota. I can easily ride around on Scenic Country Roads for a hundred miles around in almost every direction without even one stop light. Everybody has to make a life decision on where to live and what values you have in that regard. So I guess I'll know exactly what chain I have when I lay eyes on it. I'm kind of excited. It only has 56 miles on it.
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]