View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 02:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Talos Woten
Righteous Imaginarian

Champrius v3.2 - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 58.73 mpg (US)
Thumbs up I am the one you've been looking for :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cd View Post
Is there a fellow here on EM that has a Prius with a boat tail he calls " champrius " ?
I found him on instagram.

He has added a full boat tail / bellypan / gap fillers / grille block / smaller mirrors etc.

He has posted pictures that show he has got 60+ mpg .
I believe this is purely with the aeromods, but I'm not sure that is even possible.

Since the car has a published Cd of .26, what is the new Cd of the car ?

Stock, the car was getting around 45 - 48 mpg.
Howdy!

I'm the creator and owner of Champrius. The car got 46 mpg in 2009, but in 2018 (when I bought it), it was down to a mere 39 mpg. After a tune-up and some mechanical love, I was able to get it to 41 mpg as a baseline.

Then I started my aeromod odyssey, which brought the car up to 66 mpg at peak. I use the car to go on extended camping trips, so when she's fully laden in the real world she got 61 mpg. Then a series of tragedies befell her (engine, cat, etc.) and the mpg dropped to a mere 55.

Oh, all those numbers are at cruise control @65mph, which is 75%+ of my driving. Real world numbers, and not benchmarked. So we're looking at +50% increase in fuel economy through aeromods.

Last but not least, I believe the other fellow on this thread made a major calculation error. There's no way in hell Champrius has a 0.116 Cd. The fricking Aptera has a 0.13 Cd. My best guesstimate is that she had a 0.21 Cd, and my goal for the next version Champrius 4.0 is to hit 70 mpg or near 0.185 Cd.

and ask in depth questions here:
https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post669277

The goal is 70 mpg this time around.

Stats from Champrius v3.2:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talos Woten For This Useful Post:
aerohead (06-09-2022), redpoint5 (06-07-2022)