Thread: Warlock Camaro
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2022, 10:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
pgfpro
In Lean Burn Mode

MisFit Talon - '91 Eagle Talon TSi
Team Turbocharged!
90 day: 39.03 mpg (US)

Warlock - '71 Chevy Camaro

Fe Eclipse - '97 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cRiPpLe_rOoStEr View Post
So, did you have a spare engine and just wanted to try it on something else? How do you expect it to fare on something with a noticeably different drivetrain layout?

Thank you for the interest.

Yes, this is a different engine (one of three) with higher compression. I wanted to try a higher compression engine 10:1 compared to the Talon's 8:1. The head is different also, made some changes to the fuel delivery in the intake port runners. The Camaro will have a removable front end that my wife and I can easily remove by ourselves. This will make it easy to test cams single valve swirl low lift lifters etc.

I think the FE will be way better than the Talon just based on it having a
RWD vs AWD. The aero should also be a lot better. The gearing will be better for FE too. After going through my data logs I think the Camaro should be able to get around 70MPG Freeway with the FE Cams?

Here is a pic of the Intake and a few different HP turbo's. This intake has a dual rail so I can run two different sets of injectors. I want to run a small set 390cc/min on the primary's so I can run higher rail pressure for better atomization to improve FE.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_0875.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	32358