View Single Post
Old 06-17-2022, 04:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

Pet peeve working on bikes?

Okay oh, so you might want to add a power port, or a trickle charger line and, what common enemy do you now face? You disconnect your terminal screws, put your additions on, and fight with the loose nut at the base of the terminal box to get it lined up and high enough to accept the threads. What have we ever done to make the battery people hate us so much? Is it that 1/12 of a cent difference in manufacturing cost where is the screw was just slightly longer the torture session would not be necessary. I realize it would cost a little bit more to have this nut be stationary. Maybe I just haven't bought batteries that are expensive enough. Are there some with nuts already in place? I don't know about you, but I don't have the tiniest fingers in the world, and I simply do not enjoy this battle. What has helped me, is I take off the small front section of a cut off zip tie and use that to Elevate the nut for first bite. I wonder if I would make a fortune by making a very short screwdriver type handled device with a magnetized block end to hold the nut in place. Women go through pain in childbirth, and tend to forget it afterwards with the joy of the new child. Must we take on the different kind of pain every time we want to look at a motorcycle battery? Okay, I feel better now. It's off my chest. What drives you crazy?

06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]