View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 01:34 AM   #96 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Small update, got the hitch on the car, one bolt broke off so will probably have to weld that side on. The mounting brackets were just like others have said for the curt hitch, too narrow needed to be bent open more, only slightly though.

I left the rear plastic cover off for now, need to get some undercoating sprayed in there, things are starting to get a bit rusty in that area. Need to cut the notch and reinstall after that. It does seem like mpg dropped a bit from it being off though.

Also first real issue with the car, P0A93 - Inverter Water Pump Failure. From my understanding, it seems like that code comes up with the inverter is over heating. Checked the overflow and there's no signs of fluid flow as online suggests so it seems like the pump isn't pumping. I've removed my lower block and that allowed enough air to keep the code from coming back on at 55mph on the express way. Perfect timing of course, got a trip to go on that's something like 150 miles one way tomorrow. Good thing I have a 2nd prius, guess I'll be swapping a pump tomorrow before the trip and taping up the front end again.

I also got another fill up on the car now, Tank average 55mpg, not too bad for driving pretty slow, short trips and a couple trips more in a rush.

Also got a dash cam to record front and rear of the car and once I do the full install it has a parking monitoring type of setup too. Had a company van backing out of a drive way and they didn't look and just about hit me. Doubt the dash cam would have helped me get the plate number, but I contacted the company that owns the vehicle and have heard nothing back from them. I guess the company doesn't care about bad press - Senior Services of Midland Michigan.... yea it's a company that drives seniors around... It's just a bad driver, or maybe they just made a mistake, but the company doesn't even say they will look into it or talk with the driver so I know who I won't be suggesting for that kind of work... not that I really know many people that would need their service.

Update on fuel prices for my area.... gas $4.99 and Diesel $5.99. Compared to driving my LS400 and getting 20mpg, getting 50mpg+ in the prius is still costing me about the same in gas as I was paying back when the gas price was around $2/gal ($0.10/mile). Kind of crazy there's been a 250% price increase on gas since right before covid hit.