View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 08:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
ps2fixer
Master EcoModder

92 Camry - '92 Toyota Camry LE
Team Toyota
90 day: 26.81 mpg (US)

97 Corolla - '97 Toyota Corolla DX
Team Toyota
90 day: 30.1 mpg (US)

Red F250 - '95 Ford F250 XLT
90 day: 20.34 mpg (US)

Matrix - '04 Toyota Matrix XR
90 day: 31.86 mpg (US)

White Prius - '06 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 48.54 mpg (US)
Yea I'm similar, but I like to own my stuff. I hate debt though, my house was the only real loan I've had and I worked with the owner so 0% interest for the first 5 years, paid it off in 4 years and the last year I went self employed and income was way lower.

Since I'm self employed full time (since 2013), it feels about like I'm retired, but I still "work" on things. I enjoy most parts about my work though. I used to work a "normal" job before, first one was a bit boring but it was midnights. Other job was in the health industry and that company was ran terribly, everyone was over worked and overly stressed out. After I quit the business was sold like 3 months later and my whole department was fired.

Anyway, I hope to retire early, only mid 30's right now, but I have some money saved up and investments and such. If all goes well my retirement should be paid for at 65+ if the investments perform as expected and inflation doesn't eat it all up, but I have to pay my way from now to 65 with what I have currently. Hopefully my business scales up well and eventually have people work for me and I can focus on more of the fun aspects of the business which is also the niche thing most people don't want to invest time into.

I've done enough traveling picking up junker/scrap cars, vacations are fine, but I never really got too big into just traveling to travel, too many other things weigh on my mind that I could be doing instead of traveling I guess.