View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 11:19 PM   #90 (permalink)
Duffman
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesqf View Post
Nor am I. Indeed, in a lot of ways I am a radical tree-hugger - one of the reasons I don't e.g. want to see my Nevada desert ecosystems covered with solar panels. But I am by inclination & training both a scientist and a skeptic, so I'm not willing to blindly accept any dogma. Everything I see points to the anti-nuclear "environmentalist" arguments being driven far more by leftist politics than by actual evidence.
My post was not meant in any way to poke you with a stick if you know what I mean. I think you and I see very eye to eye on this issue with the exception that I dont think this is a lefty issue even though it is often seen as one. I am in 100% agreement on your comment about ideology, when someone is strongly commited to that, it doesnt matter what you put in front of them it is dismissed out of hand no matter what the evidence. Balance and comprimise are never on the menu.

It is quite ironic that most of these "enviromentalists" accuse big oil of lying to the public and obstructing the global warming movement, yet these people use the same tactics of misinformation and obstruction against the nuclear industry which is one of best tools to reduce our carbon footprint.