Thread: Gasoline VAPOR?
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 12:29 PM   #51 (permalink)
tomi_k
EcoModding Lurker

Using existing fuel injection lines would be handy way to introduce fumes / vapors to the cylinders as it is already there... fuel pump is just pumping liquid fuel into to lines so need to figure out and see how it works with fuel fumes / vapors. This approach may need fumes / vapors to be pressurized, just like liquid fuel...

If fumes / vapors are brought into cylinders some other path, i.e. via air intake manifold, then probably disabling fuel rail(s) and injectors should and leaving them in place should not cause any additional harm... they are just there as "plugs"... so I wouldn't take them out... naturally can be taken out... Using air intake channels to bring into cylinders, this has naturally "vacuum" so fumes / vapors" are drawn automatically in to cylinder so it shall need additional equipment, as long as fumes / vapors are introduced to the air intake...

That's my thoughts... haven't tested either options... and as said, not an expert on this area so don't know which path would be better... or if there is even better avenues to do the same....