View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 10:42 PM   #32 (permalink)
Talos Woten
Righteous Imaginarian

Champrius v3.2 - '09 Toyota Prius
90 day: 58.73 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
Here's what I see at that link. Try a private browsing window, that will clear login cookies and such.
We have a mystery! I used a Private Window on Firefox, and I've attached what I see. There is a login bar overlay at the bottom, but it doesn't prevent any of the posts from being clicked, read, navigated, etc. How about if you try a new fresh browser?

Anyhoo, one of the reasons why I dual post to Instagram and Facebook is because FB definitely doesn't let people see things without having an account. But (in the past at least) Instagram does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps2fixer View Post
I'm not completely in the doubter camp, I do think there's gains to be had, but ~8-10% or so is quite a lot. I remember there was a challenge a while back where a team drove a prius for a whole tank and hit a crazy tank average like 100mpg. I don't recall if it was a stock car or not, it was driven at more ideal speeds (25-30mph average I think), no radio, windows up, hot day, etc.

Didn't realize you had a full boat tail and such. You could easily hit those goals with slower speeds =). I'm running a nearly stock prius 45mph and for any kind of longer trip I'm hitting 55mpg or so, just have a grill block and missing a couple bell pan panels lol.

It looks like you live more in the city, I suspect it's more shorter trips for the car and such. You could probably see some big gains from a block heater, trans heater, etc. My MPG is horrible when the car is cold. It starts off around 30-35mpg and climbs at 40mph. There's also a mod to spoof the temp sensor to help get it to turn the engine off a bit sooner and such, I haven't messed with it but read about it. It currently takes my car around 6-7 miles to come up to temp.
Actually, I'm claiming I can get +20% mpg from my baseline of 39 mpg = +8 mpg. So much more than +10%, which is what aerohead (and apparently you) thinks is the limit.

I'm uninterested in achieving high mpg for bragging rights. I use this car for extended camping trips, so I travel on the highway a lot. So what I really am trying to optimize is FE at 65mph cruise control.

I'm also not trying to win the bet just to win a bet. I honestly think there are real mpg gains to be had at the front of the vehicle. If that's the case, it's an area for substantial aero improvement that currently isn't being explored or exploited fully. If it's not the case, then I'm just deluded.

Champrius and I are both snowbirds, so we rarely see cold. In my case, it's because I'm solar powered and love the sun. In her case, it's because her ECU shuts off when it rains or gets too chilly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kim Lumbard Instagram.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	32555  

and ask in depth questions here:
https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post669277

The goal is 70 mpg this time around.

Stats from Champrius v3.2: