View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 04:11 AM   #132 (permalink)
mpgmike
EcoModding Apprentice

My impression of the folks that frequent this site is that not many put faith in devices that supposedly improve combustion efficiency (that which this whole thread has focused on). I am confident the reason is because testing many different technologies has yielded dismal returns. I have seen that more times than I can count. The ad claims "Up to 30% improvement in fuel economy!", but you never see it. However, I have found that when a technology does what is claims scientifically, and the gains never materialize, it is due to the ECU intervening (does happen more times than not).

Starting way before the X-Prize adventure, I have been experimenting with ways to get the ECU to cooperate with combustion enhancers. I tried George Wiseman's E.F.I.E (Eagle Research), as well as numerous other "tuning" type devices. It seems the really good gains were only possible when I took serious matters into my own hands -- control AFR and spark timing myself. This isn't really practical for the masses, though. Lots of wiring, and then it takes a dyno guru to get the thing tuned.

Instead, we found a loophole in the standard ECU tuning strategies that we capitalized on with our Interjector -- IXR for short. It wires in parallel with the fuel injector and shows the ECU a different (non-stock) injector. In other words, the ECU sees a mechanical issue that allows it to extend limits to IPW (Injector Pulse Width), so long as the oxygen sensor parameters are satisfied. This condition -- non-stock part -- has of yet never triggered a DTC (Diagnostic Trouble Code) on any of our test vehicles; and we've been refining it for over 10 years!

We have structured ourselves legally as a "Manufacturer" and not a retailer. I am not here to sell IXRs, as I cannot do so the way we are corporately structured. However, under the auspices of Research & Development, I am willing to work with qualified folks that want to give it a try. PM me. Ideally, we want to train mechanics to offer MPGenie services to their customers. In the process, they use our IXRs as part of the service. They purchase IXRs as a business, and we don't have to deal with Nexus (sales tax) laws.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IXR_6_Small.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	32609

Last edited by mpgmike; 07-14-2022 at 05:03 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mpgmike For This Useful Post:
RealityRacer (07-14-2022)