Thread: Rear diffuser?
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2022, 01:54 PM   #47 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Any elongation, which maintains attached flow, while simultaneously allowing divided streamlines to converge, vectoring slower, higher pressure into the wake, is doing the only thing that can reduce drag.
It would be 'better' if the sides were equally filled in. M-B did this with C-111 III, Bionic Boxfish, and IAA. Their stylists may have wanted what is referred to as 'directionality' to be given to the side silhouette; rather than a more proper 'K-form' truncation. Only they can answer factually.
I’ll be building a similar diffuser the the eqxx and have it extend about 8 inches like they are doing

I’ll be filling In the “ parachute” gap between the horizontal Muffer and the rear bumper. There’s about a foot of just open airspace under neath. Wonder how close of a gap I should make between the abs plastic and rear muffler. Clearly don’t want them touching. Thinking maybe one once or two inches then just wrap that corner of abs near the muffler with cheap heat foil or some aluminum heat tape or something