View Single Post
Old 07-18-2022, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
In winter time if I ran in eco mode all the time the car would burn around 90 gallons over the distance of an oil change. If I ran it in sport mode all the time which I don't I would burn about 10 gallons more. It gets ran maybe half the time in sport mode, at most, so let's say that uses 5 additional gallons.
So around 5 gallons of gas burned nearly doubles my winter oil change distance. An oil change takes an hour and costs nearly $50 using penzoil platinum, the oil thats created from natural gas and a wix oil filter.
Seems woth it to me.

In summer I occasionally put it in sport mode on the highway and when I get to town switch it over to eco mode and run on battery power pretty much the entire time to conclude business. Very minimal impact on fuel economy over all.
That keeps the fuel in oil down to around 1% and gets me to the full 7,000 miles no problem. If I run it in eco mode all the time the summer time oil change gets cut to 5,000 or 6,000 miles.
Are you even testing your oil quality or are you just going off owners manuals and random made up math numbers? I’ve had my synthetic oil tested after even 12,000 miles of winter eco mode and it’s still looks barely used. I even asked the technicians their opinion on my “ dirty oil” when changing it and they’d say it looks like I’ve only driven 4,000 miles yet I’d be clocking In 10-12k miles. They’d say the oil looks like it could go another few thousand miles but I’m the paying customer so it’s up to me if I wanna continue to change it. Again, I’m doing Valvoline full synthetic oil changes every 10k miles, sometimes more, sometimes less, and I don’t stress about it. I always run in eco mode. Sport mode only in mornings to get hot air in winter, or sport mode in city driving when I need to boost it fast or interstate merging in heavy traffic