View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 01:38 AM   #235 (permalink)
cRiPpLe_rOoStEr
It's all about Diesel

Thanked 1,625 Times in 1,450 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
I'm aware that SCR deletes exist as the company I work for has legal ones that they sell to dealers outside of the USA to legally deregulate diesel vehicles that have been exported from the USA to countries with lower emission standards. Those aren't for sale inside the USA.
I remember the 2nd-gen Mercedes-Benz ML-series, imported from the USA, had a "low-quality fuel" tune in Brazil, but DEF wasn't even mentioned as of 2008. It didn't have a particle filter, and the fuel filters had a higher-density media. Now such option would be pointless, as not even the S-500 Diesel is so easy to find in Porto Alegre anymore. There are rumors that Petrobras might import Russian Diesel fuel to get the prices down, but I wouldn't be surprised if that would be mostly S-500 instead of the S-10 Diesel fuel, catering mostly to the commercial trucks and intercity coaches, considering that many are fitted only with SCR and would still tollerate a higher sulphur content that an engine also fitted with EGR may not handle so well