View Single Post
Old 07-30-2022, 11:31 AM   #12 (permalink)
Noahfreak
EcoModding Lurker

Goldy II - '94 Saturn SC2
Last 3: 26.24 mpg (US)

The Beast - '88 Ford F150 XLT Lariat, Supercab, Long Bed
90 day: 13.61 mpg (US)

Domo - '89 Honda Civic Wagovan
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oil pan 4 View Post
Well several months later the guy hasn't tried to sell anything. The lawnmower carb V8 has been on the dyno, he took it on the powertour which is what 1,000+ miles, so it works and thousands of people saw it in action.
This shouldn't be in the unicorn corral.
It definitely should be in the unicorn category because we haven't seen any extensive real world MPG testing. Leading up to Power Tour he had months in which to do so. All I ever saw was one exit to exit freeway test. Hardly comprehensive. I also didn't see a report on his mpg while on Power Tour, which would be an excellent event to collect highway mileage data. I'd be thrilled to see it work, but until I see real evidence and independent testing, I'm very skeptical of the 40 mpg claim. Everyone else should be too.

Also, you say he's not selling anything, but he cross posted the same video like 5 times and got a million views on a couple of them. That's a decent amount of advertising revenue on YouTube. He's already making money off of it. At this point pending further evidence, my assumption is that this is grift.
The Following User Says Thank You to Noahfreak For This Useful Post:
pgfpro (07-31-2022)