View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 02:12 AM   #87 (permalink)
redpoint5
Human Environmentalist

Acura TSX - '06 Acura TSX
90 day: 24.19 mpg (US)

Lafawnda - CBR600 - '01 Honda CBR600 F4i
90 day: 47.32 mpg (US)

Big Yeller - Dodge/Cummins - '98 Dodge Ram 2500 base
90 day: 21.82 mpg (US)

Chevy ZR-2 - '03 Chevrolet S10 ZR2
90 day: 17.14 mpg (US)

Model Y - '24 Tesla Y LR AWD
Thanked 4,391 Times in 3,365 Posts
Quite the necropost, but a good post anyhow.

My buddy seems to be equal parts dummy and genius. The dummy part was when he worked for years delivering for Pizza Hut in a Ford Explorer. He called me up one day saying he needed a ride after his late 90's Explorer blew up on the freeway. He coasted it off an offramp and into a gas station lot. I think he spent more in gas than he got paid.

He negotiated with various wreckers and I think got $600 for the thing, including having them get the car. While the tow truck was enroute, we removed the aftermarket stereo, hitch, spare, and battery.

He drives a Golf GTI now.

Speaking of delivery, it amazed me when I lived in an apartment how frequently people had Dominoes delivered. They are doing something way too important to walk across the street and get it themselves? This is why they don't own the roof over their head.

I ordered delivery for the first time in my life a few months ago when I worked late and unexpectedly in CA. Doordash had free delivery for first use, so I had Taco Bell delivered.

Grocery list making, and shopping, and transporting, and storing, and making is a huge PITA... so I'm sympathetic to delivery. Unsurprising who doesn't have money when we see how it's utilized.

Give me absolute safety, or give me death!

Last edited by redpoint5; 08-01-2022 at 02:22 AM..