View Single Post
Old 08-01-2022, 02:06 PM   #93 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.18 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
A friend commented that I definitely try hard to see my clients.

However, I usually get behind on my paperwork.

I just finished my progress reports for my second agency and I am now starting the notes that were due last night.

Normally my supervisor reminds me about notes on Thursday and our boss sends out an e-mail Friday morning, but I didn't hear from either, and somehow I thought notes weren't due, so those are late, too.

However, when I saw that aerohead responded to see what he had to say.

Regarding Mythbusters testing the tailgate, tonneau cover, and cargo net, we have found problems with their methodology before.

This time they used an electronic flowmeter.

Would that be more accurate than switching to a separate fuel tank, which you weigh before and after?

This time, instead of driving 1 mile on a closed course in the same direction 5 times they drove 5 miles on the highway in the same direction twice, although they indicated that one lap was 25 MPH and the other was 55 MPH.

Adam said that he was tired of driving after Jamie made 6 5-mile laps, although presumably they needed to drive back, where they didn't collect data?

I am trying to find something great that Metro said, but I found this first:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyDiesel View Post
You might be making a mistake going with the spare wheel. Here is my thread where I tried out using my usual tires on a 14x4 wheel:

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthrea...hts-32033.html

It wound up hurting my fuel economy by increased weight and rolling resistance. There is also another thread located somewhere on here in which Darin (MetroMPG) did ABA testing on coastdown times with different air pressures. He used spare wheels and tires in a run and they failed miserably. Donkey CRX runs the Insight spare wheels on 165 width tires and has had zero problems with them. He gained mpg over the stock VX wheel IIRC.

What is your stock tire size? If it is thin enough, you can run spare wheels and not have the issues I did.

Also, the Insight spare wheels are an alloy, so they are uber light. I'd say less than 5 kilos each. If the spares are steel, you may not gain any weight loss.

Btw, welcome to Ecomodder
Lighweight donut/compact spare Toyota Yaris

So, it sounds like Donkey CRX is the one who tried RE92s on spacesavers.

Now I need to search for that?!
Quote:
If the methodology is questionable, the results are questionable. It's that simple.
https://ecomodder.com/forum/showthre...tml#post332295