View Single Post
Old 08-04-2022, 08:53 PM   #66 (permalink)
The Toecutter
Master EcoModder

Rebellion - '16 KMX Framekit Custom electric velomobile
I have a Milan SL. The wheelhouses aren't fully closed, but they are so narrow that the turning radius is about as terrible as a Mercedes Benz 300 SDL I used to own.

It is very slippery. Holding 35 mph on the flat is something I could do for hours if the terrain and weather were permitting, and I can almost hit 50 mph in a sprint. Reaching 50 mph takes about 2.5 miles though.

I bought the Milan so that I could take measurements of it and scale a custom body shell based upon it to my own unique build. I want a pedalable electric microcar with the Milan's shape, with compromises made for better streetability(more ground clearance, tighter turning radius, more suspension travel, hydraulic disc brakes, more storage space, ect). I expect when finished I'll have double the Milan's drag. I like to imagine what maintaining 120 mph on only 6 horsepower would be like!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beate View Post
Not quite.

First of all, i am a woman (and therefore more complicated...).

Moreover there is already a velomobile with fully closed wheelhouses: the CAS Milan. That's a version of the Milan velomobile especially designed for a world record (24 hours men, i think. ) which has the wheelhoses closed to its maximum. The clothing patches turned with the wheels.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Toecutter For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-08-2022), beate (08-19-2022)