View Single Post
Old 08-08-2022, 12:21 PM   #123 (permalink)
Blacktree
Master EcoModder

The Prius Experiment - '07 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 58.52 mpg (US)
OK, we have the 3rd fillup with the pizza pan wheel covers (highway trip notwithstanding). And the average for those 3 fillups is 59.4 mpg. The average before installing the pizza pan wheel covers was 56.6 mpg. That's not a big difference, but an improvement nonetheless.

Also, I noticed something interesting. The ecomods seem to have offset the fuel economy penalty for running the A/C. Back before I started the ecomods, I wasn't running the A/C because the weather was cooler. Now it's summer, and I'm running the A/C all the time. But the fuel economy now vs then seems to be about the same. So I'm basically getting A/C for free.

Now I'm going to take a break from the ecomods to work on the BMW. I've hinted at that before. But I finally have all the parts for that project. So we're hitting the pause button on the Prius Experiment. When we come back to the Prius, I want to remake the existing ecomods (grille block, mini-mirrors, and wheel covers) using something more permanent... and more aesthetically pleasing.

But I'll keep logging fuel economy. That info is readily available. Just click on my signature.