View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 07:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
seuadr
EcoModding Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSH View Post
Hello Jerod,

In mild hybrids the electric motor is generally sandwiched between the engine and transmission or connects to the engine through the accessory belt. The way to get components is to look in junkyards or buy them as service parts from automakers. - you aren't going to get new ones from tier 1 suppliers.
yeah, i'm finding that. i was hoping that having a big 10 university email and hinting that i might be doing research persuade them to discuss, but no bueno so far.

Quote:

I don't understand what you mean by P1/P4 and P2.

Quote:
The 2nd is a 2011 Chevy Express 4500 with a 6.6L Duramax , six speed auto and an ambulance body. It is getting converted to an RV.
i'm actually thinking of the same basic idea - trying to find a suitable donor.

I was really looking for something like a Trans Van, but so far they've all been in pretty poor shape so i think it is time to abandon that idea.

Quote:
I'm not good at coding or controls so I was thinking of a simple stand-alone system to control the electric motor with an off-the-shelf controller and a simple lever for throttle. Push it forward and you add electric power, center is nothing, pull it back for regen. I'd add a gate to the shifter lever so the lever couldn't be accidentally knocked out of neutral.
it sounds like you might not have to have any kind of manual interface - a lot of parallel systems seem to just "do their thing" with a throttle input that it sounds like can be captured from the OBD2 port. then it could be full time electric assist - ala honda insight integrated motor assist.

Quote:
EDIT: XL Hybrids has a hybrid conversion for the Express / Savanna
been trying to get ahold of them too