View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 03:59 PM   #498 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Although it's been mentioned by Emission Analytics that hybrids recover 81.1% of the energy typically lost in a non-hybrid during braking, we have no way to quantify how much influenced Wayne's overall mpg.
Other investigators might 'shadow' one test car with another of a different stripe. Hybrid vs non-hybrid variant.
It's information. It would have more value with comparative data.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
According to your car's performance, it would get the following:
* 67.07-mpg @ 50-mph
* 61.78-mpg @ 55-mph
* 56.87-mpg @ 60-mph
* 54.11-mpg @ 65-mph
* 52.34-mpg @ 70-mph
* 48.20-mpg @ 75-mph
* 44.43-mpg @ 80-mph
* 41.00-mpg @ 85-mph ( legal posted speed between Austin and San Antonio, Texas )
there are so many different factors. on average i get better than those numbers with my low rolling resistance tires and warmer temps

ill have to do another test at even lower speeds. remember the other week with the wheel covers and side mirrors removed, i averaged 65mpg while driving 70-75 mph down i-5 INTO A 3MPH HEAD WIND which hurt me. it was a 90 mile stretch of flat valley interstate. no idea why the mpg was that high. poissble corridor effect offset the 3mph headwind? the numbers seemed too good to be true. next time i take the interstate down that way again with no wind, ill probably drop the cc to 60mph and take a measure of that

on a super less busy day or night, id like to do a long distance test with cruise control set at 50mph and compare that to waynes numbers. the only times im able to go 50mph is when doing back country farm roads, and there are two many 4 way stop signs or turns onto other cross roads to accurately measure the mpg...
The Following User Says Thank You to Phase For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-18-2022)