Thread: Rear diffuser?
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2022, 04:06 PM   #71 (permalink)
Phase
Master EcoModder

Black Bullet - '19 Hyundai Ioniq Hybrid Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohead View Post
Technically, this 'porosity' would take away from the diffuser's performance.
It needs to be as air-tight as can be made.
Maybe, add material to the bottom of the rear fascia, down until it meets the 'flat' angled diffuser.
I know you're not made of money. Some sort of heat-proof material near the muffler. freebeard's volcanic basaltic spun glass fiber would be wicked cool.
Scrap aluminum. Sheetmetal cut from the discarded door of an abandoned, deceased refrigerator. I've used the sheet metal from worn out gas water heaters.
https://youtu.be/VtyF6ZU-9hw

did you see the video of the underside? its pretty much going to be about an inch away from the muffler, and ill use heat shield aluminum tape on the abs plastic edge thats facing the muffler and exhaust.

it wont be perfectly flat, but from what ive seen in many cfd tests, is that a diffuser still adds benefits even without a perfect flat floor, its just maybe 70 percent of a possible 100 percent improvement. its still a plus, but not the best possible improvement.

right now im just focused on the diffuser, later on my plans are to smooth out the whole under body. theres still a '' canyon'' under the middle of the car where the cat converter is. so i also need to fab up a cat shield and cover for that whole area. ill be doing a super smooth underbody floor cover when i have access to a jack or car lift again

The Following User Says Thank You to Phase For This Useful Post:
aerohead (08-18-2022)