View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 02:47 PM   #1154 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freebeard View Post
What are all y'all on about? Fiberglass and doped fabric will never get you out of low volume. Arcimoto aspire to 50K/year out of this first factory.

I may be talking out of my b*tt, but the problem isn't makiing the door, they have robots to do that. The problem is hanging the door on the tubular upper frame. Look at JSH's picture. The section abaft the rear door handle.

I predict that the Platform 1.x design will have an upper frame in cast aluminum to provide a proper door jamb.
Companies have been hanging doors on tube frame UTVs for decades. If Arcimoto didn't plan for a way to mount their door they are incompetent.

Robots are great but you have to tell the robots what to do and tweak the tooling to get it right. The development and set-up is the hard part not cranking out parts.

Arcimoto may have sold the idea of 50K a year to raise money but then there is reality. They make a niche $18k toy. History is littered with trikes that were supposed to be cheaper than cars and become massively popular. People looking for a cheap ride just buy a used car.
The Following User Says Thank You to JSH For This Useful Post:
Piotrsko (08-20-2022)