View Single Post
Old 08-20-2022, 03:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
Piwoslaw
aero guerrilla

Svietlana II - '13 Peugeot 308SW e-HDI 6sp
90 day: 58.1 mpg (US)
Huge THANK YOU for this!!
The wife and I have been looking for a place to flee from the direction our gov't is dragging us, and NZ is about as far away as the globe will allow.

Based on what you wrote, we are in love, though we are aware that no place is ideal. And you too will notice the darker sides of living there, whatever they may be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
- When I arrived, I immediately bought a car because I do not know any other way to get around. I chose to live with roommates despite being able to afford a place of my own (even to buy), to help socialize and educate me. I'm living with three 30's working professionals, none of whom own a car, despite being plenty able to afford one. Buses arrive in the outer suburbs every 5 minutes like clockwork.
This reminded me of a joke I once heard:
The son of a rich sheikh went abroad to study. After a month or 2, he texts his father that all is good. The father asks whether the gold-plated limo is adequate for driving to school?
The son replied that yes, it's great, but all of his professors ride the bus.
Dad's reply: No problem son, next month I'll send you a gold-plated bus.

What matters is where you're going, not how fast.

"... we humans tend to screw up everything that's good enough as it is...or everything that we're attracted to, we love to go and defile it." - Chris Cornell

[Old] Piwoslaw's Peugeot 307sw modding thread
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piwoslaw For This Useful Post:
Ecky (08-20-2022), rmay635703 (08-20-2022)