View Single Post
Old 08-22-2022, 01:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
I've drunk the Kool-aid after decades of air-cooled VWs. Respect the green Eco light.

Don't listen to oil pan 4. He's trying to distract you from bennelson (Ben Nelson) and the Electro-Metro Build thread from 2008.

ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/ben-nelsons-electro-metro-build-thread-848.html

He did really good work, unfortunately Internet has eaten all the pictures he posted. In 2018 he migrated it to Youtube.

The Kubota weak and dirty compared to a Lexus rear exle.

And it would even fit under the hood.

I will of course run the three-cylinder as long as it lasts. I've cut pieces to start the front aero but won't have the time for a week or two to carry it forward. It looks like the grille block will be a longitudinal plate that divides behind the grille in half, the radiator being on the left. Then instead of an air dam, a modest splitter that won't compromise the approach angle but will spill air off the ends setting up a potential for front wheel air curtains.

Others have found success with a Kamm-back. Were I to do so, it would be more modest -- really only a 'Faschenfeld tearing edge' in the parlance.