View Single Post
Old 08-24-2022, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
larrybuck
Master EcoModder

If I Stay 4 cylinder, it would be middle of the road. I like the Decon monza's, how for 2 years in a row they mop the floors on Porsches, granted they were allowed to be tube frame cars. I don't really want to go to the opposite extreme. I have the insight with the skirts for Optimum. I'm just looking for a pretty Cruiser that will get great mileage like on an overnight trip to another state. It doesn't have to be fast. The 90 Corvette has that covered. I would tend to lean toward the taller skinnier Tire, but not too extreme as I do care about the car's visuals. The big bad crash bumpers will definitely have to go! Not sure about wheels. The Buick Skyhawk look pretty good after I put Moon discs on that. But now I'm not sure I want a steel wheel. I'm all for a pretty massive air dam up front. I'm sure it could be cleaned up underneath. I just put an aluminum Belly pan from killer3cyl on the Insight yesterday and also did preventative measures of taking those roof moldings above the side windows off, and sealing off the clips, to not have the dreaded wet seat belt situation. I've had that car for over a year, and intentionally have never driven it in the rain because of that potential problem. Now that it's covered, I feel like I can enjoy driving a year-round in the rain now. Sorry, I went off on a rabbit Trail there! Just want a happy middle of the road good mile per gallon highway Cruiser. I know it's not going to handle like a crx, but that's okay. Different vehicles for different uses.
06 Chev MonteC JG#24tribute car 30mpg 00 Honda Insight 63MPG 98 Buick Park Ave3.8 33MPG 89 Toyota Corolla wag 53MPG so far 81 VW Rabbit diesel pu 50MPG+ 80 Mercedes 240D stick 30-ish 90 vette 6-speed,29ish 07 Honda ST1300 55MPG 83 Honda 650 GL 64MPG 19 Suzuki dr200 88MPG23 HondaGrom?+Tow K10D Sub 26mpg NEVER,NEVER GIVE UP!
PUMP THOSE TIRES UP!
DRIVE IN YOUR SOCKS FOR SENSITIVITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SLOW DOWN AND SMOOTH UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![SIGPIC]
The Following User Says Thank You to larrybuck For This Useful Post:
freebeard (08-24-2022)