View Single Post
Old 08-29-2022, 01:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 30.49 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,709 Posts
I have used PRC dedicated devices. A client has a Samsung. It is like a normal tablet with 1.5 pounds of ballast. I thought that it was a speaker, which would be great, because the one time I had my brother take his iPad to the farmer's market the hot dog vendor couldn't hear it. One of the top reviews for the app is: "My son loves this app but the volume is kinda low. Today I put it on maximum volume but could barely hear him while driving. It’s fine if your at home with no noise otherwise it’s difficult to hear. Please fix."

The Samsung sounds even quieter.

So, ventilation holes?

Why is it so heavy?!

Is it batteries?

The site says "8 to 10 hours depending on individual usage and power settings."

From what I can tell, that is about what an iPad is rated, but I rarely need to charge mine, although I don't use it heavily at all.

I believe that Mom bought it at least 6 years ago and the battery is still great.

I can't say the same of my brother's, but it seems vastly better than my last phone after 2 years.

It seems like my client needs to charge his Samsung every night.

So, why is it so heavy?!

The app looks the same, but I can't tap Menu > Find Word and see where a button is. I need to tap the keyboard and then Find Word.

I haven't figured out how to add words, which is easy on the iPad.

PRC charges almost $7,000 for that garbage.

I can buy an iPad and the app for $1,000!

The site says "the Accent 800 is locked from running Windows applications, meeting the functional specifications of the Medicare/Medicaid funding requirements."

I have used Windows exclusively since DOS, which is the reason for my travails and this thread.

I only know how to do basic things on an Apple device.

I still don't know how to access the storage.