View Single Post
Old 09-01-2022, 06:17 PM   #862 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,317 Times in 4,725 Posts
open up new zones

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
Quick googling doesn't attribute coral dying to acidification, but temperature.

The thing that doesn't make sense to me is rising temperature might make a certain area uninhabitable by certain creatures, but it should open up new zones where it once was too cold.

My first memory of global warming scare stories might go back to the 90s, and the big concern then was the northward migration of killer hornets. Gotta maintain a cool planet to confine them to Mexico. Those illegal hornets are scary.
Yes, it's true for trees, shrubs, grass ,insects, molds, lichen, predators, killer whales, tropical diseases, parasites, different penguins, ................
Some, like bowhead whale will just perish in place. They only exist in the Arctic, and the Arctic is melting away. It's warm enough for Orca now, and they're freely predating bowheads, which have no defense, and nowhere to go.
Brown bear are moving into polar bear territory and competing for food.
Heat kill krill. 90% of marine life eat krill. The ocean fisheries will collapse. Sea birds will go. Seal. Penguin. Otter. Salmon. Trout. Sport fishing. Frogs. Salamander. Saguaro cactus. .................
Louisiana loses a football field worth of land every 45-minutes.The people of Iles de Jean Charles are America's first continental climate refugees.
I'd have to have my notes to keep going.
It's darkly fascinating.
Ecky (09-01-2022)