Thread: Rear diffuser?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 01:54 PM   #91 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,227 Times in 4,654 Posts
improvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phase View Post
I’m not saying I have a 2mpg boost from one mirror removed. It’s probably like 1 to 1 and a half mpg. I’m saying it seems like 2 mpg is gained when cd is dropped 0.01

When my passenger mirror is removed, I can definitely feel less air resistance and use less throttle when driving. When both are removed, I can feel an even bigger difference. With the wheel skirts, I can also feel a difference in how the car move thru air.

I when I said I did the rest diffuser test and it made the car feel more grippy and like it’s being tugged, I guess I was right with how it felt since the next week when I tried to do the testing at higher speed, the diffuser ripped in half because air was getting underneath it

So hopefully with a smoother underbody or wheel flarings and behind the wheel boat tailing, I can actually feel a physical difference and improvement when driving like the mirror and wheel skirt mods

I don’t know if my mind is playing tricks on me or not though, but it seems like these mods so far only help at the lower highway speeds at like 65 mpg. I see an improvement there. But when I’m going 80-90, my mpg is practically the same. Not even 1 mpg higher…
The mathematics I provided for your car will allow you to 'calculate' the difference within a high probability. You don't have to speculate.