View Single Post
Old 09-14-2022, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Here is a link to my repository of tunes:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/13Dz...ew?usp=sharing

The motor was a K24A with the 04-05 intake, Accord cable throttle body, stock header, 2.5" exhaust, RSX oil pump, and 06-08 TSX cams. I had a 50° VTC with a 40° limiting pin, but it should work fine even if you have only a 25°.

The only thing I'd caution is to listen for knock, as the tunes were very much maximizing ignition advance for each octane level - the 93 tune is essentially MBT everywhere but at WOT below ~2250rpm, where I still had to pull some advance. You can, of course, simply flash a 91 tune if you're running 93 and still getting knock on the 93 tune, but I'd be happy to help adjust the ignition tables to fix that.

There are lean burn and non-lean burn variants for each fuel grade. You'll want to tick or untick the boxes based on what sensors you have - mine was complete, with upstream and downstream O2 sensors and full emissions set up. You'll also want to adjust the transmission ratio table.

42mpg is great. I found gearing was absolutely key, and gained another 5+ mpg when I got my 3.4 final drive and 9th gen 6th installed.
Awesome, thank you so much! I'll try those and see how they work for me. I have a very similar setup- JDM K24A, USDM 06 TSX cams, RSX oil pump, OEM oil cooler, Accord cable throttle body, custom cold air intake, and stock header for now although I will eventually need to change that because the collector is directly above the back of the subframe and it would be impossible to get an exhaust on it. I'll probably get a long tube 4-2-1 header eventually since it should be best for fuel efficiency and overall torque. Out of curiosity, how did you tune yours? Did you street tune it or was it dyno tuned?

Yeah my base RSX transmission's 5th gear is definitely shorter than ideal considering the torque of the K24. I think the ideal transmission for my setup would be an 02-04 RSX-S 6 speed with 04-08 TSX 5th gear, 9th gen Si 6th gear, 4.0 final drive, and OEM LSD. I'm sure the 3.4 final drive works great in an Insight, but I think it would be a bit too tall for my heavier Civic.