View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 07:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

A ducktail/lip spoiler is interesting. I see this on newer Chevy Cruze/Malibu models, Chrysler 300 models, teslas, etc. I never really did know how lip spoilers work, but seeing Aerohead’s CRX makes me wonder.

Adding a rear wing that extends the whole length of the rear into a boxed cavity (sort of like a Porsche K35 rear) is the main idea I’ve been looking at. I trialed a quick n’ dirty bonneville style trunk extension on my long distance trip recently, which really did help the mileage.

The fastback is indeed a superior design, it’s just that I’m trying to retain the stock practicality/aesthetics/vision. I plan to give the car to my mom once I fix up my hatchback. That one will get more radical mods. The hitch mounted tailbox is likely gonna go on that one, when traveling.

I think there is relatively stable flow down the top half of the rear glass. If you look at a side view of the FG2 chassis (as freebeard said), you can see that the transition to the rear glass is very gentle, even though it’s a steep angle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JacobLeSann For This Useful Post:
aerohead (10-03-2022), freebeard (09-29-2022)