View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 03:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
gofastbobby
fortunately unfortunate

hooptie2 - '01 Saturn L200
90 day: 26.67 mpg (US)
Newb: 1993 dodge spirit

Hey guys and gals,

I am new to the ecomodding world, but not to the automotive world. I am a motor head who has just bought my first car that i am going to mod for the sake of economy.

It's a 1993 Dodge Spirit Base Sedan. It has the 2.5L 4 cylinder and a 5 speed transmission. While it would not have been my first choice for my project, the deal fell in my lap, so I am going to run with it. The car has 164k on the ticker and is ready for some more. I got the hooptie from my sister who is known to be hell on wheels. I believe that my best and most beneficial mods will be just catching up on the maintenance that is long overdue.

I ran my first tank of petrol through her over the last week and just got my first economy results today. I am starting a list of catch up maintenance items that need to be done, and am going to try to work some eco-mods into those repairs.

I would like to ask your opinion about the first mods I should do to the car. Say, a list of 5 mods. Assuming the car is in tip-top stock condition, where should I start? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I think I have said enough for now. Thanks for having an awesome website.

--bob

Last edited by gofastbobby; 10-16-2008 at 04:54 AM..