View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 06:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Tahoe_Hybrid
Master EcoModder

2020 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
Last 3: 18.4 mpg (US)

2021 - '08 Chevy Tahoe H
90 day: 17.08 mpg (US)

2022 - '08 chevy Tahoe LT
Last 3: 14.38 mpg (US)

2023 - '08 Chevy Tahoe
Last 3: 22.61 mpg (US)

2024 - '08 Chevy Tahoe
90 day: 22.35 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by racprops View Post
What is the best MPG and longest lasting and cheapest to keep car??

So here is a deep question.

My old first choice was the Lowly Classic VW Bugs: Fair MPG, simple drive train, low cost parts, so simple many people can do repairs themselves.

Second choice was the Dodge Dart and Plymouth Valiant with the great Slant 6 with a three speed stick shift transmission.

Currently I have a 03 Ford Crown Vic and 03 Ford Explorer, because of the 4.6’s rep of 300K plus life, plus how fairly simple and reliable drive chain and how many were made and are cheap to keep thanks to so many in junk yards. The Explorer has not as good rep for its drive train..and a poor second for the above reasons, but as it has a poor rep it is/was cheap to get and fair to keep, but I love it.

But the MPGs for these cars are not good they both can barely do 20MPH at highway speeds and barely do 15+ city.

Next on my list was a Toyota's, BUT after seeing personally three Japanese Cars over the past decades having so many problems with their plastic parts failing it seems to be they make great engines and transmissions but at 15 to 20 years all the plastic and rubber parts are doomed. Good MPG but they can fail at any time…insane parts that I have never seen fail in a American made car.

I cannot for the life of me, cannot find or figure of any car other than these older cars.

It seems all newer cars are being made SO complex and so cheaply that you cannot figure of a good MPG, low reasonable price for it and easy and seasonable costs to repair.

So let’s talk about such cars.
a ford model T they been on the road for quite a while