View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 06:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
Fuel pressure is a good bet. It's tuned for around 50psi. If you wanted to do a 5-10 minute drive with logging running and send it to me, I'd be happy to push some tweaks and we can see how it does.
I'm using a stock RSX fuel sending unit, which is supposed to produce 47-53 PSI according to a quick Google search, so the fuel pressure shouldn't be off enough to cause this much of a problem. Driving with that tune for 5-10 minutes wouldn't really be possible because it's almost impossible to keep running and might not run at all once the engine is hot. It stalled about 5 times in the maybe 1/4-1/2 mile I drove it in my neighborhood and seemed to get harder and harder to restart every time, so I didn't even try to pull out onto the highway and get it up to speed.

Maybe the problem has something to do with my engine still having the stock cam gear? Looking at the low speed cam angle tables it doesn't look like the cam should have been trying to advance beyond 25 degrees in the short time I was driving it, but it seems like that's the only other significant difference between our engine setups.