View Single Post
Old 10-13-2022, 07:51 PM   #23 (permalink)
EcoCivic
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
The cam gear shouldn't be a problem, it just won't use the tables if it can't advance it any farther.

I'll whip up a few changes this evening and send you a variation you can try, with a higher idle and some fueling changes.
Good to know. Since this is my first aftermarket ECU setup, I wasn't sure what would happen if the cam timing table went over 25 degrees.

Cool, thanks. I don't think the idle speed is the problem since it's set higher than what I set my base map to and it runs bad even above idle. Something with the fuel could definitely be a problem, but I'd have to get an exhaust and o2 sensor before I could do any fuel tuning. That will probably be my next project, I just need to figure out which header will work for my setup.

Edit: Does your K24 still have the thermostatically actuated air bypass valve on the intake manifold? I removed mine since I broke it shortly after buying the engine and it seems to be unnecessary from the research I did. Since that valve closes completely at somewhere around 170 degrees coolant temp and I only got up to 130-140 degrees on my brief test drive, that may be a factor during warmup if yours was tuned with that valve in place.

Last edited by EcoCivic; 10-13-2022 at 08:00 PM..