View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #146 (permalink)
Duffman
Master EcoModder

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebuchet03 View Post
And what about the engineers, aerodynamicists, physicists, etc.? I happen to know a great deal that are funded by private investors and now work in the [wind] industry. I emphasize private to show this isn't some government funded project that will be funded weather or not it works. If it doesn't work, the private industry pulls out.
There is a difference between promoting your product and saying it is a panacea. Not entirely but 99% of engineers don’t fall into the latter.
I have no ill will towards the manufacturers for promoting and selling their products. Better than anyone the utilities know what the true cost of operation is and they will make their decisions accordingly.

Its talk like legislating all new buildings be energy neutral, or a % of generation must be this. A great example was California stating that a % of their cars had to be zero emission by year 200X. While all noble ideas, legislating YOU MUST is not the way to go about doing it. It’s like Price and Wage controls, its a fantasy.