View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 03:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,554 Times in 7,041 Posts
Quote:
Only refrigeration can take the moist air below dewpoint, and condense out enough water vapor to bring the enthalpy of the air to within the limits of human comfort.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_wheel#Desiccant_wheel
Quote:
A desiccant wheel is very similar to a thermal wheel, but with a coating applied for the sole purpose of dehumidifying, or "drying", the air stream. The desiccant is normally silica gel. As the wheel turns, the desiccant passes alternately through the incoming air, where the moisture is adsorbed, and through a “regenerating” zone, where the desiccant is dried and the moisture expelled. The wheel continues to rotate, and the adsorbent process is repeated.
I will qualify my "No" having re-viewed the video. While it does eventually get to the 'reverse greenhouse effect at ?t=303 after an interesting animation, at ?t=606 there is a paper on infusing silk with aluminum oxide and tetrabutyl titanate that acts in the UV range. And shows a 10 degree advantage over cotton. Surprising to me since UV is only 3 to 5% of the total