View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 03:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 29.44 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I replaced Mom's range hood--and broke the new one! :D

Her old one was filthy and she told me to clean it with dish soap and a nylon brush. I finally started removing the grease when the paint started coming off. I told Mom I could remove the grease and paint and repaint it, but she said to replace it.

I finally started following Popular Mechanics' used car inspection guide after seeing one whole client in Holbrook and I got all of the way to step 31/101 before it got dark.

I mowed the lawn and finally brought in the new fan.

The box says to absolutely positively have two people for installation.

Sure thing!

As soon as I reproduce by fission!

I swear it took an hour to get the new one to stay on the four screws and then I wired it.

Everything worked and I tried to replace the electrical panel in the vent.

Wires always seemed to be in the way and it was awkward to lean over the stove, which was still warm from Mom heating up dinner. I couldn't see without my crazy-bright headlamp, but then the batteries died--and then the last set.

Each time I tried to reinstall that panel wires were in the way and I couldn't see where the screw hole was.

Then the fan suddenly spun for a second.

The exposed wire ends were safely secured in wire nuts!

I finally reinstalled the panel and nothing worked.

It was a pain to twist them together. The original wire is thick and solid, while the new wires are thin and made of various strands.

I pulled on them to ensure they were properly connected, but somehow one came loose. I redid the nut and now the lights work, but not the fan!

Did I short its motor?!