View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.79 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
I didn't want to do this. I really didn't want to do this.

...yet...

I installed the vent without researching anything or reading directions and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those pesky kids!

[Removes mask]

It's me! Mario!

I need a nap.

This is the Samsung NK30B3000US range hood that I ordered. Curiously, when I clicked on my receipt it didn't link to it. When I searched for the model number it didn't show Lowe's, and they didn't show up when I went to Google Shopping, but when I clicked on Track my Order I got a link.

I know where my order is! I picked it up 3 months ago!

It costs $199, but with my Veteran's discount, I bought it for a $194.20 gift card--including $15.10 in tax.

Honey suggested buying a $194.20 gift card for $185.19, so it would have been $215.78 without discounts.

Best Buy shows up first, $180, but $267 shipped.

Why didn't I buy theirs?!

They say that GreenToe (?!) would ship it for $167, but I don't know how often that is right.

I need to create an account for science. Then the stupid site popped up saying "Name your price and we negotiate for me!"
For me?
"We're sad to see you go!"
I changed windows.
"Enter your e-mail so we can send you special offers."
GreenToe is a special name...

I gave them my temporary e-mail address and it sent a suspicious link.
That seems like why we have Tor, but I just removed the first redirect from the URL and opened it in a private tab, whatever good that does.

All of that code and it took me to the main page, which popped up saying "We're sad to see you go!"

Lame.

It just advertises Name Your Price.

I used the temp e-mail address to create an account and it says no taxes, shipping, or other fees, but it seems like they are dropshippers
Quote:
You are placing an offer on a brand-new product which includes a full Samsung USA warranty from a Samsung authorized retailer.
Quote:
Mr. MarrapodiÂ’s company, Greentoe.com, which has Silicon Valley venture capital money behind it, opened this year. It lets consumers submit offers on merchandise listed in five categories, including cameras, baby equipment, household appliances and home theater. The companyÂ’s software determines whether the offer is reasonable and sends it to a network of retailers that encompasses both big-box stores and small dealers. (All are vendors that are authorized by the brands.) If the merchant accepts the offer, it makes the transaction directly with the consumer.

James Myers of Walton, Ky., went to Greentoe.com to make an offer on a Panasonic 60-inch plasma TV with voice control that was priced at over $2,000 at many retailers. He offered $1,539. After a little haggling, he was able to buy it from one of GreentoeÂ’s retail partners for $1,749 (shipping included).

“I truly feel that the shopping landscape is going to change,” Mr. Marrapodi said. “It’s going to be much more driven by the consumer and ability to negotiate.”

In the coming year, Greentoe, which has more than 50 retail partners and 50,000 registered users, plans to add categories, including possibly exercise equipment, handbags and luggage.
New York Times: More Retailers See Haggling as a Price of Doing Business

I already bought it, but I may look into this the next time I buy something.

It also mentioned many stores price-matching, but they mentioned stores matching Amazon, while I have always been told they need to be physical stores, which is why I price-matched my no-spill funnel with a vendor on Home Depot.

SoureAssets supposedly ships it for $175.

I haven't heard of them.

When I clicked on Google Pay it says "Free shipping. $160."

Nordam Appliances shows up as the next best, but the $176 appliance automatically comes with a $170 extended warranty.

They don't ship.

Samsung says they have it for $179, but they won't ship it here.

So, I saved $30 over Lowe's full price, but now I can find it for less.

Fun.