View Single Post
Old 10-28-2022, 05:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
101Volts
Master EcoModder

Woody - '90 Mercury Grand Marquis Wagon LS
Last 3: 19.57 mpg (US)

Brick - '99 Chevrolet K2500 Suburban LS
Last 3: 12.94 mpg (US)

M. C. - '01 Chevrolet Impala Base
90 day: 17.09 mpg (US)

R. J. - '05 Ford Explorer 4wd
90 day: 16.66 mpg (US)
Today I made a few modifications:

I had 1/4 of the Grill Block on already, and I added the majority of it back. I only used Duct Tape, which gets pushed in by the wind. I should probably add some harder plastic behind the tape.

I also re-added my Warm Air Intake. I briefly had it on in May or so, but removed shortly after because I had damaged where the cable attaches to the sensor. My W.A.I. uses Clothes Dryer Ductwork from Home Depot to draw air from the Exhaust Manifold near the Oil Filter. It's a bit simple and rough.

I didn't make any A-B-A-B tests of these yet. The car seems to require slightly less throttle while driving, but that's hardly a test comparison.

I had the block heater on for some hours today, and I had the meter up to 110 F before starting the engine, when the temperature bottomed out at 100 F.

This tank is only about 40 miles in now, and the mileage is now 17.6 according to the on-board meter. I managed to get the meter up to about 22 on a short Highway trip today. The 17.6 MPG part is about the same as summer mileage which only had 1/4 of the grill block, the roof rack removed, and the tires up to 44 front / 48 rear. However, I did do upwards of 18.1 - 18.3 from June to July, with fewer mods than I now have.

============
Next Planned Mod:
============

A Bigger Air Dam. This ought to help by at least 0.5 MPG, maybe up to 0.7 MPG (as I've read here at Ecomodder.)

The Following User Says Thank You to 101Volts For This Useful Post:
Joggernot (10-29-2022)