View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
ZeroFuel
EcoModding Lurker

ZeroFuel 1,2,3 - '96 Geo Metro
Quote:
Originally Posted by conradpdx View Post
Though being able to power my car on pee does sound tempting one should note (I call dibs on the vanity plate that reads "peepwr":

----Wikipedia

Is a fuel fossil free if it's produced with fossil fuels. And lets not even get into the CO2 released from the process. Or has your company found a silver bullet to nix the CO2Hazards

This kind of reminds me of my Grandfather in law. To put it bluntly he was basically a snake oil sales man. But he did "invent" a few cleaners and what not. One of which was a mastic remover. Anyway, he had a stroke and while cleaning his house I given his experiment journals, recipes, and the patent info for a few of them. He always claimed that his mastic remover (for those not aware mastic is basically a glue that was heavily used for asbestos installation) was organic and you could drink it.

The hype in family was that it was a million dollar idea since it basically would speed up the the safe removal of asbestos. It was a liquid so it'd keep the dust in place and it basically would make the mastic peel off. I poured over his journals and what not searching for the recipe and alas there it was. Apparently my grandfather in law had a different idea of organic than most of us. One of the major components has strict laws and regulations on its use in products, and is pretty toxic stuff.

It did make me wonder the cause of his stroke.

Well that was more than I intended to type, and I'm not trying to belittle you or your company or your efforts. But your site leaves little to go on, and typically anything of this scope wouldn't come to a message board to get the word out. They usually like CNN, FOX, Car and Driver etc. What news station could pass up on a car that runs on pee, come on.

All new technologies have a starting point that will then proceed to new stages. As stated before, we can take advantage of the current art until the renewable can take over. So, do we just keep letting the stranded gas burn off, or do we use it to make a true alternative fuel? You have to start some where if you want to make a change.

You did omit this part of the description:

Synthetic production

Urea is a nitrogen-containing chemical product that is produced on a scale of some 100,000,000 tons per year worldwide.

For use in industry, urea is produced from synthetic ammonia and carbon dioxide. Urea can be produced as prills, granules, flakes, pellets, crystals, and solutions.

More than 90% of world production is destined for use as a fertilizer. Urea has the highest nitrogen content of all solid nitrogenous fertilizers in common use (46.7%). Therefore, it has the lowest transportation costs per unit of nitrogen nutrient.

Urea is highly soluble in water and is, therefore, also very suitable for use in fertilizer solutions (in combination with ammonium nitrate: UAN), e.g., in 'foliar feed' fertilizers.

Solid urea is marketed as prills or granules. The advantage of prills is that, in general, they can be produced more cheaply than granules, which, because of their narrower particle size distribution, have an advantage over prills if applied mechanically to the soil. Properties such as impact strength, crushing strength, and free-flowing behaviour are, in particular, important in product handling, storage, and bulk transportation.

I assume you read the slide deck that shows the path we are trying to achieve.
Sequestration of carbon dioxide is one of the key elements for the sustainable path.

With the growing demands for energy & transportation fuel we feel this is the only true alternative fuel that can meet the growing demands without disrupting the food supply. Carbamide supports it.

Ecomodder is one of the best green sites on the web for transportation, that is why we posted here. Once our prototype is up & running we will be doing real world tests & inviting the news media to witness. Our main goal is to be ready for the X Prize in 09' which will have world wide coverage.

Last edited by ZeroFuel; 10-16-2008 at 11:16 PM..