View Single Post
Old 11-22-2022, 05:34 PM   #12 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,067 Times in 1,397 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I used the shift lever extensively in the Gen III. Since the car would start the engine above 60 MPH, I'd shift to neutral just before crossing that threshold, thereby keeping the engine off. I'd also shift to neutral to coast.

I can get used to wherever the control is, but the lever was pretty intuitive and accessible.
I used the shifter on my Gen 2 a lot too - mostly going from drive to engine braking in the mountains after the tiny battery fully charged the car stopped regeneration. It was up on the dash and out of the way.

With a rotary knob shifter you would rotate one click counter-clockwise for neutral and then one click clockwise to go back into drive. Every rotary shifter I've used has been P-N-D-L, just like an old column shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redpoint5 View Post
I'm a big fan of the bridge style center console so that things can be stashed out of sight below, and other stuff can be placed above where it's easily accessible.

Wish this car was hideous so I could get it at discount at some point in the future.
For me the more storage the better. I don't keep a lot in my car but it is important to have a place for my wife to stash her purse if she doesn't want to take it with her.