View Single Post
Old 12-08-2022, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
JacobLeSann
Master EcoModder

Thanks aerohead, all very good advice. I plan to integrate some plan taper, but keep the box the same width all throughout. The blind-spots will definitely be rough, but I think it will be manageable. I do want my rear window though, as I plan to use very small side view mirrors to reduce drag. On the flip side, the drag of a rear window design could cancel out savings from smaller mirrors. I’m not very good at reversing with mirrors, and much prefer to look out the rear glass.

I was thinking similarly as you with a slant-back topper, though I would use a flip-top tonneau cover like most pickups use. Coroplast would be lighter, though.

Leaving the bed open may be better, is what you’re saying? I like the idea, but I want to use a clamshell tonneau design like the Holden, so as to keep the bed clean. When tall loads are in the back, I could unbolt the hinges and remove it, leaving just the buttresses.

0.309 for the Commodore Ute? If that’s so, then wow! I’d bet money that is far better than a 1997 Civic Sedan.
The Following User Says Thank You to JacobLeSann For This Useful Post:
aerohead (12-08-2022)