View Single Post
Old 12-29-2022, 11:11 PM   #828 (permalink)
mannydantyla
EcoModding Apprentice

Aerokee - '97 Jeep Cherokee XJ sport
90 day: 18.22 mpg (US)

Scrambler - '74 Honda CL200 Motorcycle
90 day: 55 mpg (US)
I'm so happy to see progress made on this project! I gotta admit that I "changed channels" at half-time when the opponent's lead looked insurmountable, but it appears our team (Bill) is mounting a come-from-behind win.

However it has been a long, long game (to continue the football analogy) and in that time I have finished my own chassis swap project, and I built a workshop (albeit a lot smaller than yours, Bill), and I did an EV conversion to a classic motorcycle.

Now I'm looking at my next project: EV-converting a classic car. And one possibility I'm considering is using a Prius as my "chassis" and converting it to full EV by pulling the ICE motor, locking the input shaft to the gear box (that holds the two electric motors), adding a huge battery, and installing the VCU from the openinverter.org community.

So I'm definitely looking at this project as inspiration. Keep marching towards the end zone! (sorry for all the football talk but I just finished watching the Liberty Bowl and my team came back from an 18-point deficit in the 4th quarter to take it to triple overtime. That's what this thread feels like to me.)

Last edited by mannydantyla; 12-29-2022 at 11:16 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mannydantyla For This Useful Post:
Bill the Engineer (12-29-2022)