View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 11:37 AM   #77 (permalink)
aerohead
Master EcoModder

Thanked 7,219 Times in 4,646 Posts
'sports car'

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
I would have to add that the fiero got 50 mpg when the speed limit was 55 mph. Its a little bit mixed now but the speed limit on average is 75 mph now here in the USA.
Also I would just add the fiero had fooled people into thinking it was a sports car, but i don't really recall the standards for the time. It was a rough time to be a sports car lol.
From what I've heard from normal people in the real world they won't drive a prius because they are slow as balls and look like balls.
So if it was like standard old v6 accord quick without wringing it out like a rag 24/7 and looks good enough to make people actually think about buying it, i think their design and sales goals have been met. For the most part as long as toyota improved on the reliability and still gets 50s that would be awesome.
Somewhere along my journey, some messenger reported that a 'sport car' ( as defined by Ken Miles ) would fit the criteria when a certain pounds/ horsepower threshold was met.
They would compete in motorsports, either as dedicated race cars, or homologation specials ( which could also be driven legally on the 'street' ).