View Single Post
Old 01-05-2023, 01:22 PM   #78 (permalink)
Blacktree
Master EcoModder

The Prius Experiment - '07 Toyota Prius Base
90 day: 58.52 mpg (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden55 View Post
I would have to add that the fiero got 50 mpg when the speed limit was 55 mph. Its a little bit mixed now but the speed limit on average is 75 mph now here in the USA.
Also I would just add the fiero had fooled people into thinking it was a sports car, but i don't really recall the standards for the time.
This is a little off topic, but...

I was a Fiero owner for many years. It's not a true sports car. But it did blur the lines between econoboxes and sporty 2-seaters. With the Fiero, you could get a little of both.

The Fieros weren't very fast in a straight line, but the handling was pretty good. And that made the car feel sporty. Also, the 4-cyl with a manual gearbox could get 40+ mpg.

IMO, the Fiero was a good "starter car". It was good on gas (especially the 4-cyl). It wasn't very expensive. And it was fairly easy to maintain. Plus the handling made it fun to drive. So you didn't feel like you were driving an econobox.

Edit to add: The Fiero also didn't have a backseat to "get busy" in. For some parents, that was actually a consideration.

Last edited by Blacktree; 01-05-2023 at 01:31 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blacktree For This Useful Post:
aerohead (01-05-2023), Isaac Zachary (01-05-2023)