View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 11:58 AM   #1220 (permalink)
JSH
AKA - Jason

Adventure Seeker - '04 Chevy Astro - Campervan
90 day: 17.3 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,069 Times in 1,399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piotrsko View Post
HMMM odd. In the 2013 Golf, I have to do the snow tire button if it has my "sort of " chains on, and then it gets pissy if the fronts break loose on ice. Haven't experienced any low speed issues, might have to do an experiment there. The owners manual does hint the system compares all 4 since a long sweeping turn should set it off. It did go off sporadically when I got different profile tires and doesn't seem to have a problem running the spare donut.

It does go off when I swap front to rear and forget to change inflation, I always have to reset after tire position rotation at the tire place.
In my case the TPMS warning did not trigger and I came back to a completely flat tire. I wasn't a fault positive.

I can't be sure it wasn't just a slow leak but after the flat I read up on the system and found that it doesn't work below a specific speed. I think it was 25 mph. On this trip I spent about 25 miles crawling down a gravel road at between 15 and 20 mph.

There are plenty of time when wheels will turn different speeds - turns, wheel spin, bumps, etc. That is why the computer is looking for sustained differences in RPM