View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 11:09 PM   #1067 (permalink)
Xist
Not Doug

Chorizo - '00 Honda Civic HX, baby! :D
90 day: 35.35 mpg (US)

Mid-Life Crisis Fighter - '99 Honda Accord LX
90 day: 34.2 mpg (US)

Gramps - '04 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 35.39 mpg (US)

Don't hit me bro - '05 Toyota Camry LE
90 day: 31.19 mpg (US)
Thanked 2,217 Times in 1,708 Posts
We just have linoleum, which should have been replaced throughout the house at least 10 years ago. We have gone through many bathroom heaters--I still have a couple in the garage that I plan on taking apart one of these decades.

I had Mom ask about replacing the bathroom vent with one with a built-in heater because plugging in a heater for my brother's baths makes my spider-sense tingle.

Yes, it should be fine, but I would rather not worry about it, and it would be nice to not periodically replace heaters--especially out-of-season.

Mom says that she wants laminate throughout the house, but she has fallen multiple times, and had a huge bruise the last time.

She got the thickest carpet she could when they bought the house and when it is actually clean it looks all right.

I have never seen laminate that i have liked. The Spruce says they print 3d woodgrain, but all of the patterns that I have ever seen looked absolutely flat.

It sounds like the only benefit that The Spruce showed for laminate was that it seemed warmer, while vinyl is waterproof, and is quieter.

I once watched a video where a guy put in pine flooring.

What if you wear heels on pine?

freebeard, I need you to find out for me!