View Single Post
Old 10-18-2008, 01:29 AM   #16 (permalink)
slurp812
EcoModding Apprentice

Silver EP3 - '02 Honda Civic Si
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikkonceptz View Post
Well due to circumstances beyond my control I had to let the fuel in the Vibe run down until the little yellow light came on. Not so bad until I realized I was over 45 miles away from my normal fill station. So did I pull off at the next exit and fuel up, HELL NO, time to drive her until she's dry or leaves me stranded.

So I called the wife and warned her of the impending phone call to come to my rescue with a full gas can. But to my surprise the Vibe made it home and to the gas station.

508 miles ... the farthest I have ever driven that car on one tank of gas. As my fuel log shows it only took 12.2 gallons to fill from that point, leaving at least a gallon in the tank. So I proudly became a member of the 500 mile club, with ambitions to break in the 600 mile club in the future.

Perhaps the only member with an automatic .. LOL
My accord, with a LARGE 17 gallon tank (I could use ~16 gallons) got me to 600 miles, ONCE! I got regular high 500s. My Civic Si has smaller 13.2 gallon tank, and the light seems to come on much sooner, 9.8-10.5 gallons, so I rarely hit 400 trying hard in that car.