View Single Post
Old 01-14-2023, 05:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
porgies
EcoModding Lurker

thanks again for that reply. Makes sence to me what your coment was. Im now in the market for a deepcycle battery. Origionally i did have a DC battery hooked up to the 80 wt aray but it is now out of service.
About the aray: It does have a charge controller and long ago i found a blurb that showed how to move a fuse and make the cig plug hot all the time. The vehicle im taling about is a ram cargo van converted to a camper that i have lived in for months at a time.
History on the van: although it was a van it was set up to HM with k&n air, delete muffler, 50 psi tires and a set up to heat the inlet air hence the scangage to moniter water temp. Although not really factored i did have vortex generators on the rear "hoping" to reduce the vaccum. I did have some runs with an mpg in the low 30`s which i thought was good. The one thing i didnt do to improve mpg was run non eth. I did on the honda crz that is shown on my profile pic.
The mpg status on the van is short as while living in it i would hardly ever travel over 150 miles per day and then park at a walmart to which the next morning would be met with an idle while i made coffee via a 2000 wt inverter. 150 miles is pretty short test track for performance.
Once, although not counted i got mid 40`s mpg but was out west heading east with a really really high tailwind +30 mph.
Now back to my delima (sorry for the side notes)
Yes a deepcycle is on the list along with one of those meters but exactly where do i hook it up. Ive looked briefly at the vids on amazon and i dont think i can hook it in series with the starting batt. and my starting batt will be moved to behind the seat where the 80 watt aray is hardwired in.
So now when i got that done ill have deep cycle for starting and a standard battery hooked up via cig plug to the "grid" charged by the array..... Is this viable or do i need to make a larger AWG between batts.
Hope this wasnt too much .......? is it ranting or raving,..... porgie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	hh.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	152.5 KB
ID:	33194