View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 03:47 PM   #1252 (permalink)
freebeard
Master EcoModder

Thanked 8,584 Times in 7,068 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilBlanchard
Arcimoto's faltering is quite sad - there had to be more than the former CEO's DUI and firing, I am assuming.
Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

I stopped by the Arcimoto Rental location to see what's up. As I rolled up and saw moving trucks backed up I was ....concerned. But I talked to John Bryant (sales) and it turns out they are consolidating locations. They're down to four. Still taking orders for the 2023 model, and selling used FUV.

What everyone is seeing is a forward looking statement compounded by the short squeeze. Don't count them out.

But wait there's more. He was willing to listen to my thoughts on how to hang doors and converting my Superbeetle to an EV. He even told me about a West Side business named Vintage Underground (their showroom is at 4085 West 11th). Turns out to be a restoration shop with an XKE conversion in progress. But they want to see the Lexus axle I'm hoarding. That's money I could roll into the XFi.

If you've never seen Abarth's Italian craftmenship under the skin...... it's rough. Not a hammer weld in sight. They have an MG Magnette in the showroom, perfectly restored, one of 6 or 7 in the World.

Last edited by freebeard; 01-30-2023 at 04:54 PM.. Reason: typos :(